Customer Support Specialist
BioRAFT is a fast growing SaaS platform for the management of laboratory safety and compliance. Our customers include top tier academic research centers, Top-20 pharmaceuticals, boutique biotechnology companies, and hospitals. We are scaling up our operations to meet high customer demand, expand our product offerings, and greatly accelerate market penetration.
The BioRAFT application is used in research centers around the world. Founded by scientific researchers, for researchers – our platform organizes lab teams, provides web-based training, provides tools for safety and compliance management, and streamlines lengthy lab safety processes.
Among our customers, and across our industry as a whole, BioRAFT has earned and maintained a reputation as being the premier option with above-and-beyond customer service. Our product is not cheap; our competitors compete on price, while we maintain that quality service comes with a serious price tag. Those that know us will attest to our dedication and passion for what we do, and our absolute focus on our customers and their experience using our product. Generally, people love us (and our product).
Our ideal Customer Support Specialist will play a key role in maintaining our hard-earned reputation of excellence. You will help our customers during their day to day usage of our application by enhancing their product knowledge, tracking and coordinating with our team to reproduce and troubleshoot reported bugs, or even changing technical configurations in our codebase. You will be empowered to solve problems yourself – not just follow-up with others to do so.
Key to your success will be your ability and willingness to roll up your sleeves to complete technical tasks that may be outside your current comfort zone. You will be expected to learn basics of the underlying technology, perform configurations on the application, coordinate with the development team, and even complete some lightweight software development tasks yourself (with guidance and mentorship).
You will be responsible for fielding customer support calls, as well as providing consistent follow-up correspondence in accordance with customer SLAs. Additional responsibilities will include reviewing, organizing, and loading data provided by customers, providing guidance and best practices for product usage, and adding to our customer facing knowledge base. You will be expected to help maintain BioRAFT’s status as “The Researchers’ Choice.”
This role will report to our Customer Engagement Team Manager and will help to coordinate with the implementation, product and development teams. To be successful, you must have strong communication and relationship building skills, and very high attention to detail.
- Act as a genuinely pleasant, ready and willing to help personality our customers first interact with when they need some help or have a question. This also often requires you to have some pretty tough skin at times too.
- Field support tickets by email or phone and ensure proper, timely follow-up on first as well as additional communications on each ticket.
- Handle many technical tasks to see tickets through to completion yourself, such as under-the-hood configurations, writing scripts, data imports, and even some light software development tasks.
- Work with our Project Managers, Technical Team and Product Team to ensure any tasks that need additional eyes or effort are tracked internally and the customer is communicated with on status at a regular, expected interval.
- Own your own Product Training and strive to be well versed in the Product to be able to successfully train our customers on the Product, too.
- Have a good understanding on how to prioritize what is important versus what is urgent and why.
- BS/BA or equivalent relevant work experience
- Prior IT service desk and customer service experience inclusive of active listening and providing thoughtful resolution-oriented responses.
- Self-starter who has experience tinkering in code. The ability to show us some side projects you have worked on is a plus.
- Amazing troubleshooting skills and ability to discuss your findings and recommended solutions with different audiences is a plus.
- Pride in your customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Must have ability to organize and prioritize follow-up on a large number of tasks at any given time.
- Experience with supporting a hosted application a plus, but experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required.
BioRAFT is committed to equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Think you have what it takes? Join us!