Drupal Development Engineer
BioRAFT is a quickly growing company focused on building an enterprise level web-based application used by laboratory researchers around the globe. We are a team of dedicated individuals who are passionate about developing solid web based solutions. We are seeking experienced and energetic innovators to join the ranks of our development team.
Why work for us?
- We empower our engineers to make an impact – as a developer you will drive from the front-seat our product direction, technical strategy, implementation choices, and operational decisions.
- We work on a single enterprise product – you won’t be placed on one-off projects that come and go. This means your work has longevity and is very interesting. We like meaty problems and big solutions.
- Our users depend on our product on a daily basis. They love us. We love them.
- There is no dead weight to carry– we run a lean, energetic work environment with all hands on deck. We are looking to scale our team with only the absolute best candidates.
- We are active in the community– we love open source, and we regularly participate and contribute to open source communities. Check us out at www.drupalnights.org !
In this role, you will actively take part in driving the architecture, design, and development of our flagship product, which is built on the Drupal CMS. You will participate in a wide variety of projects, from developing brand-new customer facing functionality, to refactoring and optimizing the nuts and bolts of our internal platform. This work will keep you active in the Drupal community; debugging existing contrib modules and contributing back some of your own. You will be expected to participate in relevant user groups, and attend local meet-ups, camps, and conferences.
As a small company we rely heavily on the dependability and initiative of our employees to get work done under sometimes aggressive deadlines. We are a small team, and the ability to cooperate and communicate is an absolute must. You will be expected to make and suggest decisions regarding both your code and others’. You will need to be comfortable both giving and receiving honest and direct feedback. As an expert in Drupal methodologies, you will be responsible for steering other less experienced team members toward proper Drupal techniques and approaches.
Last but not least, we expect you to grow in your career. We are a young company and the lines of responsibility are often blurred. We want people who are excited about the opportunity to do and learn things that may be outside their normal areas of expertise. If you’ve ever said “that’s not my job”, or pointed a finger when something failed - walk away now.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- Minimum two years of experience developing Drupal modules (or core contributions).
- Proficiency with Drupal’s Coding Standards, approaches, and common APIs
- Results oriented with an extremely strong customer focus
- Passion for building highly scalable systems in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to check your ego at the door, and participate in clear-headed brainstorming sessions and arguments for the better of the product, not your own self-esteem
- Good sense of humor with the ability to stay relaxed and have fun
- Strong attention to detail
- An individual who is eligible to work in the United States (no outsourced development or B2B arrangements will be considered)
- Fluency in Drupal 8 and Symphony highly desired
- Intimate understanding of Drupal efficiency and optimization techniques
- History of contributions in the Drupal community strongly preferred
- Prior development experience on large-scale web application project(s)
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate web technologies, ranging from front-end user interfaces through back-end systems and all points in between
- Knowledge of Drupal best practices, and experience influencing best practices within development teams
- Familiarity with Linux and full LAMP stack maintenance
- Experience with Perl, or other server-side scripting languages
- Experienced and knowledgeable regarding web and database performance optimization tools and best practices.
- Excellent in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Street smarts and willingness to roll up your sleeves and get dirty to get a job done
BioRAFT is committed to equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Think you have what it takes? Join us!