Senior Vue.js Front-End Web Application Engineer
BioRAFT is a growing company focused on building an enterprise-level web-based application used by laboratory researchers around the globe. We are a team of dedicated individuals passionate about developing an innovative web application that helps accelerate scientific research while enhancing laboratory safety. We are seeking experienced and energetic engineers to join the ranks of our innovative development team.
Why Work For Us?
- We empower our engineers to make an impact. As a front-end developer, you will drive from the front seat our user interface technical strategy, implementation choices, and operational decisions.
- We work on a single enterprise product. You won’t be placed on one-off projects that come and go. This means your work has longevity and is very interesting. We like meaty problems and big solutions.
- Our users depend on our product on a daily basis. They love us. We love them. They are solving some of the world’s most important problems, and we are doing our part to help.
- You have a clean canvas. Our product is undergoing a major user interface modernization and redesign effort. There are very few legacy decisions or technical debt to manage and an open road ahead of long-term/meaningful architectural decisions to make.
In this role, you will play a critical function in leading the front-end user experience of our flagship product, BioRAFT. You will work closely with the Product Team (our subject matter experts) and the Development Team (our senior architects) to guide and implement the interfaces of our product. Your Vue.js front-end code will interact with our product’s backend JSON:API and REST interfaces and will be scalable and robust. You are excited about the idea of being a guru on our exceptional team and showcasing your work to other developers to improve their front-end expertise.
As a small company, we rely heavily on the dependability and initiative of our employees to get work done under sometimes aggressive deadlines. The ability to cooperate and communicate is an absolute must. You will be expected to make and suggest decisions regarding both your code and others’. You will need to be comfortable both giving and receiving honest and direct feedback.
Last but not least, we expect you to grow in your career. We want people who are excited about the opportunity to do and learn things that may be outside their normal areas of expertise. We want people that thrive on owning responsibilities and being accountable as a team. If you’ve ever pointed a finger when something failed - walk away now.
Candidates absolutely must have a high degree of pride and ownership in their work and discipline in their approaches. Before all else, we care about who you are – not just what you currently know.
- Dependable and able to work reliably on a distributed team with little direct oversight.
- Extremely strong communication skills. Able to keep team members and internal stakeholders up to date on progress and project status, even when it’s undesirable news.
- Engaged and able to demonstrate leadership, as well as adopting a collaborative role when appropriate.
- Reliable, responsible, mature, organized, respectful of others.
- Results oriented with an extremely strong customer focus.
- Ability to participate in clear-headed brainstorming sessions and debates for the better of the product, not your own self-esteem.
This position requires expertise in architecting and building interfaces and API-driven applications using Vue.js.
- Expert in Vue.js best practices along with user interface best practices.
- Eager to drive unit, integration, and behavioral tests in the Vue.js framework.
- Excited by developing a SaaS product that is deployed for a large number of enterprise customers and hundreds of thousands of users.
- Passion for building highly scalable interfaces in a fast-paced, team-oriented collaborative environment.
- Knows how to consume data from RESTful web services.
- Strong attention to detail.
Ideally, candidates will be able to work with PHP, or at minimum willing to learn basics, for developing or tweaking backend API endpoints.
- Familiar with, or willing to learn, Drupal 9 data models and JSON:API queries as well as custom REST endpoints.
- Basic familiarity with SQL and database-driven applications.
A phenomenal candidate will also enjoy sitting with product owners to provide guidance as they turn concepts into wireframes.
- Affinity for usability and front-end user experience.
- Familiar with accessibility standards and requirements.
- Ability to document and enforce a style guide and user interface standards and consistency.
- Comfortable wireframe software and wireframe templating.
All candidates must be eligible to work in the United States (no outsourced development or B2B arrangements will be considered)
Boston, MA or Telecommute
BioRAFT is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.